- This event has passed.
Michigan’s Day of Empathy
March 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
Wednesday. Join Safe and Just Michigan, Nation Outside and Michigan United online between 9 am–4 pm and 6–7:30 pm for a series of virtual events to mobilize advocates who have been impacted by the system in the fight against mass incarceration. Virtual sessions will cover Clean Slate, addressing issues confronting women in prison, crime survivors and safety, and the Michigan Joint Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration. You can RSVP for each of the daytime panel events here:
- 10 am: Clean Slate. A panel discussion of Michigan’s Clean Slate Package featuring speakers from Safe & Just Michigan and Nation Outside. Register.
- 11:30 am: Pregnancy in Prison: Standards of Care A panel discussing Michigan Senate Bills 830 and 831 (Pregnancy in Prison Standards of Care and Advisory Oversight Committee for Huron Valley) including discussions with impacted people and people working on the legislation. Register.
- 1 pm: Michigan Crime Survivors for Safety and Justice Members of the group discuss the importance of empathy in our criminal justice system. Register.
- 3 pm: Michigan Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration. A panel discussion about the implementing legislation for their recommendations. Register.
- 6 pm: Michigan United is still coordinating the final Day of Empathy online event, which will include a Detroit focus. Details are still being confirmed but you can email Michigan United Clergy Organizer Elder Leslie Matthews, email@example.com, for additional information.