- This event has passed.
Ypsi March for Love, Resilience, and Action 2018
January 20, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
We are connecting the theme of this march to gentrification in Ypsilanti. We want to focus on how important it is to keep communities intact, as a way of deepening and broadening our coalitions of resistance at the national level. We want to connect opposition to tax reform, fears about the future of Medicaid, outrage that we have a sexual predator in the White House, etc. to the question of how Ypsilanti can be TOGETHER in meeting these challenges.
We will have a great group of speakers:
– Matt Siegfried to share Ypsi’s history of resistance and resilience
– Karlie Ebersole to speak about accessibility in organizing
– Bryan Foley to talk about gentrification in the local area
– Amy Shrodes of Rising for Economic Democracy in Ypsi (REDY) to focus on ways we can move forward as a community
– Yodit Mesfin Johnson will moderate our community dialogues
After we march, from 2-4 pm at Riverside Art Center, we will gather to dialogue and share resources. We will register people to vote. We will plan for future citizen-led actions. We will imagine how we want to create a feminist/womanist community that is true to our ideals.
There will be snacks and warm beverages, a kid-friendly space, and a warm space available at RAC during the full event for those who are unable to march.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event or others, please send us a message on Facebook!